Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Here's some opportunities that we would like for you to prayerfully consider:
- Serving as group or station leaders at our annual Easter Eggstravaganza for kids on Saturday, March 23 from 10 a.m. till Noon. You can contact Missy Harris at ext. 19 or at email@example.com.
- Serving as a greeter during our Sunday AM worship services. See Pennie Grubbs, or contact our church office.
- Singing in our adult Celebration Choir. See Kaci Stilley or contact our church office.
- Serving each Wednesday night in our clothing and food pantry (Helping Hands). See Dianna Noyes, or contact our church office. You can actually just show up there at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesdays too!
- Serving in our newly forming nursery ministry on Wednesday nights. Contact Missy Harris at ext. 19 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hosting a Life Group. Contact our pastor Bill Clark at ext. 21 or at email@example.com.
- Helping us keep our church social media updated and active (our Facebook page, our Facebook group, our Twitter account). Contact our pastor Bill Clark at ext. 21 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Serve on our church's "My Hope Outreach Planning Team." Contact Bill Clark.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Missy Harris, children's ministry director
(859) 356-3162, ext. 19
Needs: people to serve in our nursery and preschool departments during the 11 a.m. worship hour on Sundays.
Jon Burdette, youth pastor
(859) 356-3162, ext. 23
Needs: people to serve at our youth lock-in October 19-20.
Chris Daniels, minister of worship
(859) 356-3162, ext. 27
Needs: more adults to serve on our sound system rotation; more orchestra members
Sherry Clark, adult choir director
Needs: singers for the Madrigal Christmas production - will start meeting on Thursday nights if you can't meet on Wed. nights; youth table servers for the Madrigal Christmas production; singers for the Celebration Choir that sings on Sunday mornings
Bill Clark, senior pastor
Needs: more Life Group hosts; videographers to record our Sunday morning services; video editors to render videos of our weekly services; people willing to visit homebound elderly or disabled church members and spend a couple of hours watching them while their caregivers run errands
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
Dear Bill,Do you sense a call to teach other to learn English, and learn more about the Bible?A workshop for people interested in tutoring others in English as a Second Language will be held Oct. 19-20 at Porter Memorial Baptist Church in Lexington.
Many Kentucky Baptists volunteer as tutors through literacy missions, which assists children and adults in developing reading skills using a Bible-based curriculum.
The workshop will also provide volunteers insight on how to start a literacy missions group in their church or association.
Friday's session begins at 6 p.m., EDT. Saturday's session is from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
The workshop is $15 per person for materials and lunch on Saturday. Porter Memorial Baptist is located at 4300 Nicholasville Rd., Lexington.
Advanced registration by Oct. 15 is required. Call Rene Bibb at (859) 223-5496.
Click here to learn more about literacy missions ministry.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
in awe of HIM,
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
Monday, April 30, 2012
If you are looking for a service project for May, For Jamie's Sake of NKY has several great opportunities for you to serve. For Jamie's Sake of NKY is a nonprofit resource center that serves the children, teens and families of foster care. We assisited over 400 last year through donations of blankets/pillows, clothing, toys, school supplies/backpacks, Christmas gifts, bibles, and suitcases all free of charge. On May 12th at 11:30pm, FJSNKY is having a golf fundraiser to help us continue with this ministry. We are looking for golfers (if you do not have a full team of four, partial teams are ok), volunteers to help with set-up, donations of paper goods or desserts for the meal, donations for the silent auction, donations for the golfer goodie bags, hole sponsors, or volunteers to help with the dinner. We are asking that you prayfully consider helping this great ministry. Click here to view/print/download the FJSNKY Golf Tournament Registration Form. Please note we have extended the registration deadline.
Feel free to check out the FJSNKY web site at FJSNKY.org or email us at FJSNKY@gmail.com with any questions.
Ben and Cara Wilson
Josh and Holly Thornton
Mary Beth Wallingford